The Ingress is your one-stop shop to ensure you continue moving at top speed on Confluent Cloud™. Read for an easy download of the most important product updates, development resources, events, and more to assist with your data-in-motion journey.
New Cluster APIs: Automate provisioning, configuration, & management
Work faster, more efficiently, and with reduced risk when leveraging Cluster Management APIs for automated provisioning, configuration, and management of Basic & Standard clusters. New operations now exist to list, create, read, update, and delete clusters within your environments. You can now spin up and spin down infrastructure in a simple, scalable, and cost-effective manner while saving time for focus on other value-add projects. Like other Confluent Cloud APIs, these APIs have predictable resource-oriented URLs, transport data using JSON, and use standard HTTP verbs, response codes, authentication, and design principles.
Verify Cluster RBAC authorization checks with Audit Logs
Strengthen security measures across your Confluent deployment with verification of every authorization check performed by Cluster RBAC when users request permission for actions such as cluster creation or deletion. A new event for RBAC authorization checks is now available within the Audit Logs events library alongside existing events for actions like topic adjustments, ACLs adjustments, and more. When used together, Cluster RBAC and Audit Logs allow for strict, role-based permission controls across your entire system with an easy means of exporting and auditing activity within your tool of choice, such as Splunk or Elastic.
Want more? Check out and subscribe to the Confluent Cloud release notes.
Continue learning Kafka: Confluent Developer (completely updated)
Confluent Developer, a site built by developers for developers as the #1 destination for learning Apache Kafka® and Confluent, has undergone a complete transformation. We’ve worked to make it the de facto standard site for anyone looking to learn about Apache Kafka, Confluent, and the cloud. The goal has been to put everything in one place, whether you’re an advanced user looking at event sourcing or you’re just starting out with your first Kafka experiment.
Here’s what we’ve just rolled out:
- 7 new and completely free online courses containing 118 short, accessible modules
- A patterns repository containing 50 event-driven architecture design patterns
- 7 getting started guides tailored to a different programming language each
- 3 new quick starts
- And a wealth of other learning content packed with animations and interactive visualizations
Check out Confluent Developer today and continue building your skills.
- Intro to Event-Driven Microservices: Microservices Demo
- Streaming ETL 101 in 30min: Streaming ETL Demo
- 5 Tips for Kafka Developers: Best Practices for Apache Kafka
- Constantly updated Cloud content: Confluent Blog and Confluent Podcast
- Kafka Summit Americas: September 14 - 15, 2021 Register now
- 3-Part Instructional Series: Getting Started with Confluent Register now
- Special Workshop: Build Event-Driven Microservices with Kafka, Kotlin, and Ktor Watch now
- Workshop Series: Build Streaming Apps with ksqlDB RSVP here
- Apache Kafka & IoT: Manufacturing 4.0 Watch now
Set data in motion,
The Confluent Team