November 10, 2020
As applications capture and process customer and business events that directly impact the experience of customers, Apache Kafka® is an increasingly important backbone to application architectures. Guaranteed low latency and high availability service delivery are essential to any event-based, context-sensitive application. Any lag or downtime, even for a short period, could result in data loss and bring your business to a halt. That’s why, in this month’s Project Metamorphosis theme, we’re highlighting how Confluent Cloud and Proactive Support for Confluent Platform make your deployments reliable.
Reliable Apache Kafka for Confluent Platform
Today, we’re proud to announce the launch of Proactive Support for Confluent Platform. In Confluent Platform 6.0, we started a journey to bring the level of mission-critical reliability that we have established in Confluent Cloud back to those of you who choose to self-manage Confluent Platform. We released the Confluent Telemetry Reporter to enable Confluent Platform services to securely send metadata back to Confluent to be processed in the same data infrastructure that we use to keep Confluent Cloud running smoothly.
- NEW Proactive Support: Minimize downtime, lag, or data loss with continuous, real-time analysis of cluster metadata that alerts you to issues or potential problems with clusters before they happen. Customize the types of notifications you want to receive and integrate with Confluent Control Center via webhooks or choose to get notifications in Slack to ensure complete visibility.
- Confluent Control Center: Centralize Kafka management and monitoring for your self-managed Kafka clusters to track and ensure message delivery, adherence to streaming SLAs, and optimize cluster health.
- Operator: Keep Kafka up and running smoothly with automatic rolling upgrades or resource updates without impacting availability and automate failure recovery to minimize downtime.
- Self-balancing clusters: Automate partition rebalances for self-managed Kafka clusters to minimize lag or downtime and ensure clusters run at peak performance.
- Multi-AZ replication: Protect against single zone failures with multi-AZ synchronous replication across three zones to minimize risk of data loss and ensure data is available.
- Latest stable Kafka version: Upgrades in place with zero downtime to ensure you are always on the latest stable version of Kafka.
- On-demand bug fixes: Identified Kafka bugs proactively fixed on demand, without waiting for the next Kafka version to be released.
- Cloud SLA: 99.95% SLA for Standard and Dedicated clusters and 99.5% SLA for Basic clusters ensure your environment remains up and running.